fl-2500 Yaesu

Craig Rowling

I picked up one today at hamfest. 1 tube had the plate resistor broken solder joint to coil. Now relay seems “semi-stuck”? With power on the amp on but in standby radio receiver signal is very low. It’s the same in operate mode although you can see the relay movement. Also at my initial install the receiver was ok. I think it’s gonna need 1 tube as it was glowing purple during tune up. Any ideas? It’s going to be a hard job to remove relay as it’s hard wired with short coax lengths. Also I wonder if any nos 6kd6 tubes exist. Craig ky4pi

Join main@RF-Amplifiers.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.