Re: fl-2500 Yaesu

Craig Rowling

Fixed with tube and relay repair and fans lubed. How ever 20 meters I get no amplification when trying to use amp. SWR goes off the scale when keying amp. I noticed someone had 1 of the wires from the band switch going to tuning coil swapped over 1 winding (tap) left and right of where it is now. Solder on the coil gave this away. All other bands work ok except 20 meter. Is it possible the band switch wire is soldered to the wrong tap. The manual i found online is non descriptive of which coil tap is used for which band. TIA. Craig ky4 pi

On Aug 8, 2022, at 4:04 AM, CRAIG ROWLING <crowling63@...> wrote:

I picked up one today at hamfest. 1 tube had the plate resistor broken solder joint to coil. Now relay seems “semi-stuck”? With power on the amp on but in standby radio receiver signal is very low. It’s the same in operate mode although you can see the relay movement. Also at my initial install the receiver was ok. I think it’s gonna need 1 tube as it was glowing purple during tune up. Any ideas? It’s going to be a hard job to remove relay as it’s hard wired with short coax lengths. Also I wonder if any nos 6kd6 tubes exist. Craig ky4pi
Sent from my iPhone

Join main@RF-Amplifiers.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.